As part of ongoing efforts to motivate young people to engage in the political process, the League of Young Voters Education Fund (LYVEF) recently teamed up with the National Coalition on Black Civic Participation's (NCBCP) Black Youth Vote! (BYV!) for an innovative civic participation training at North High School in Des Moines, IA. The youth later participated in the Black and Brown Forum Presidential Debate.
Organizers underscored the importance of voting in the Jan. 3, 2008 primary even though people of color make up less than six percent of the Iowa population.
AABL News Digest
- Uganda Equator worth a visit
- Stone of Karegyeya Worth the Side Trip
- Merck CEO Lauds Alliance for J&J Covid-19 Vaccine Manufacturing
- Understanding "Herd Immunity"
- Amanda Gorman Steals Inaugural Show
- Proctor & Gamble Sponsors "The Look"
- Kenyan factory transforms into a surgical mask assembly line
- Payroll employment falls, unemployment rises in March
- What It’s Like to Have COVID-19
- Seeking Arts Editor and Contributors
- Is your device safe from ad-hackers?
- USNIH reports progress in sickle cell disease treatment
- Experts Provide Solutions to End Discriminatory Real Estate Practices
- Security guard assault on teen characteristic of Brazilian racial history
- White Supremacist Sentenced for Killing of Black Teen