Cybersecurity researchers discovered malware earlier this year that was draining people’s Android smartphones and ballooning their data bills by secretly racking up video play requests. The dicovery cast a spotlight on a big and growing problem for the mobile ad industry: sophisticated invalid traffic, or SIVT.
Digital ad fraud costs consumers, advertisers, and publishers billions of dollars per year. One estimate suggests that digital ad fraud will cost advertisers $44 billion globally in 2022, more than double the $19 billion estimated for 2018.
The problem is described more fully in the article linked below.
AABL News Digest
- Uganda Equator worth a visit
- Stone of Karegyeya Worth the Side Trip
- Merck CEO Lauds Alliance for J&J Covid-19 Vaccine Manufacturing
- Understanding "Herd Immunity"
- Amanda Gorman Steals Inaugural Show
- Proctor & Gamble Sponsors "The Look"
- Kenyan factory transforms into a surgical mask assembly line
- Payroll employment falls, unemployment rises in March
- What It’s Like to Have COVID-19
- Seeking Arts Editor and Contributors
- Is your device safe from ad-hackers?
- USNIH reports progress in sickle cell disease treatment
- Experts Provide Solutions to End Discriminatory Real Estate Practices
- Security guard assault on teen characteristic of Brazilian racial history
- White Supremacist Sentenced for Killing of Black Teen